1) The obvious one - The Holidays.
2) And I was on vacation.
#1 involved lots of good eating, family time, post-Christmas shopping, gift-giving and -receiving.
#2 involved Hilton Head Island, SC, and Providenciales, Turks & Caicos. Jon headed out to the East Coast a few days before me (work gets in the way of all the fun!). So we met up in HH for New Year's. And a couple of days later, we were off to the Caribbean.
Since this is a food-related site, let's talk about the food. We made it a priority to hit up the usual/favorite HH spots. It was my first visit to Turks, however, so we mainly took the advice of others. In case you're ever in Provo (which is how most folks refer to Providenciales), here are my dining-out picks:
- Fancy Meal: O Soleil
- Casual/Expensive Meal:* Bay Bistro
- Casual/Cheap Meal: Da Conch Shack
- Meal with a View: Magnolia
You can get more details on Provo restaurants here.
* This category explained: You don't have to dress up to dine here because the ambiance is very casual, laid-back, beachfront. But the entrees are still around $30.