Thursday, July 20, 2006

Kitsho Sushi, Cupertino

I could eat Japanese food every day. Really, I could. So I'm always on the lookout for new Japanese restaurants to try. Yesterday, the co-workers and I popped into Kitsho -- just off Stevens Creek Boulevard, across from Sears -- for an inaugural visit.

We walked in around 11:45, just before the lunch rush, and were immediately seated in the middle of the restaurant. One of the co-workers asked the sushi chef if we could move to a table by the window (he loves his natural light). We got approval, but the waitress still didn't seem too pleased. She was a bit cranky with us, but her mood/service improved by the time we finished eating.

I was too hungry to focus on what the others at the table ordered. I went with the Kitsho Bento Box, so for about $12, I got: miso soup; a small bowl of salad (I didn't eat it); several slices of fresh tuna sashimi (excellent, not too fishy); a rather generous portion of tempura (including two shrimps and a good variety of veggies); a few pieces of fried chicken; and a serving of broiled mackarel. Overall, that bento box earned a B+ in my book.

What else... I also ordered unagi, which had a bit more sauce on it than I like. The co-worker next to me ordered the sashimi appetizer with salmon and tuna, and she fully endorsed the raw fish here. On a future visit, I'll have to try the toro and hamachi. I have a feeling I'll be going back to Kitsho... a lot. (Don't be surprised if I make a repeat visit today even!)

Kitsho
19541 Richwood Drive
Cupertino, CA
(408) 873-1444