Friday, February 10, 2006

Pho Hoa, Cupertino

I know, I know, it's a chain pho restaurant. So how good could it be, right?

Well, as someone whose mother made pho quite often when I was a kid, let me tell you: This place does pho really well. If you enjoy noodle soups as much as I do, get over any chain-food hang-ups you may have and get to Pho Hoa. It's fast. It's cheap. And the portions are huge.

The Co-Workers and I eat here regularly -- just today, in fact -- so I don't know why I haven't mentioned it before. The restaurant tends to fill up after noon, so we try to sneak in just before to beat the rush. No matter what, the service is efficient and the food generally comes up quickly. (There is really nothing to say about the ambiance here. Do NOT try to take a date to Pho Hoa!)

Adventurous types will appreciate the more unusual meat offerings -- including tripe, fatty flank and tendon. My usual order: the fried roll (#28) and beef noodle soup (#1, regular size for me). I load up my bowl with the Rooster (chile) sauce and dive right in.

Pho Hoa
1089 S. De Anza Boulevard
Cupertino, CA
(408) 366-0544