Thursday, February 09, 2006

Update on the Old Port Lobster Shack, RWC

So, a few weeks ago, I mentioned that the Old Port Lobster Shack had just opened up in Redwood City. An early review I read indicated that it might be only so-so. (Maybe the bad experience could be attributed to the fact that they were brand-new and were still working out some of the kinks?)

Lately, however, I've been hearing much more positive things about food -- especially the lobster rolls, fried clams and chowder. I'm actually really interested in trying out this lobster roll, since I never knew such a thing existed before the Lobster Shack opened. (Jon, who is from the East Coast, is familiar with them.)

Three things: 1) Apparently, the restaurant is a little hard to find. 2) You may want to call to confirm when they are actually open; Catie wrote to say it wasn't open on two trips she made to the place. 3) Unfortunately, the web site still hasn't been updated with an actual menu so I'm not sure what kind of price point we're talking about here. (BTW, I think the offerings change on a regular basis because the Lobster Shack prints out a daily menu.)

Old Port Lobster Shack
851 Veterans Boulevard
Redwood City, CA
(650) 366-2400