Thursday, May 25, 2006

House of Catfish & Ribs, Daly City

I'm trying to figure out our itinerary for an upcoming trip to South Carolina, so I've got Southern food on the brain today. Hence, this entry about the House of Catfish & Ribs -- a hole-in-the-wall that I used to drive by on my way to/from work. (It's right next to the Colma BART station -- which was my stop back in the days of commuting via public transportation.)

This isn't an in-depth review by any means, because it's been a while since I've eaten here, but if you're in the neighborhood and craving some ribs, definitely check this place out. The ribs are tender and fall off the bone, the sauce is spicy -- making for a finger-lickin' good meal.

It's not really the type of place you sit down at (there are only a handful of seats), so business is mostly to-go. It's probably best that way because the service here is so-so. And I recall the hours being sort of funky, so be sure to call before you head over.

House of Catfish & Ribs
270 San Pedro Road
Daly City, CA
(650) 997-3700