Monday, June 12, 2006

Caffè del Doge, Palo Alto

Caffè del Doge -- a Venice(that's Italy, not CA)-based coffee company -- has just one North American location. And luckily for us, it's in Palo Alto.

I won't go into the history of Caffè del Doge -- you can read all about that on their web site. I'm just here to tell you about their delicious European-style hot chocolate. It's super-thick, rich, creamy. While I loved it, I should warn you that it's not for everyone. Jon took a sip and was not impressed, maintaining it was like "drinking hot pudding." (Whatever!)

When I stopped in, it was about 9am on a Saturday, and there were still some seats available. But word on the street is that this place gets crazy-crowded later in the day.

Caffè del Doge
419 University Avenue
Palo Alto, CA
(650) 323-3600