Monday, June 19, 2006

Update: Restaurant James Randall

Now that the kitchen remodel is done, Los Gatos' Restaurant James Randall is back in business! They're open for lunch Tuesday-Friday, 11:30am-2:30pm; and dinner is served Tuesday-Sunday, 5:30-9:30pm.

Coincidentally, I was just racking my brain this morning trying to think of a good place to go in Los Gatos, that wouldn't be too pricey. On RJR's lunch menu this week, the Mixed Greens (peaches, candied pecans, manchego) looks tasty, and I think Jon would be all over that Pulled Pork sandwich (on Dutch Crunch!). But I might have to drop in for dinner and order the Pancetta-Stuffed Figs with Endive Salad... Or the Tempura Roll with Spicy Tuna... Mmm... The menu is making me hungry, even though I *just* ate lunch!

(The hours above are from an email that the restaurant's proprietor, Brenda Hammond, sent me. But the web site shows slightly different/longer hours. It may be a good idea to call them up to confirm if you're heading over towards the tail-end of the hours I listed.)

Restaurant James Randall
303 N. Santa Cruz Avenue
Los Gatos, CA
(408) 395-4441