Friday, January 13, 2006

House of Falafel, Cupertino: Round Two

Okay, I couldn't stop thinking about those falafels... and the dolmas... and the baklava. So I had to go back today to try them all out. I ordered the Veggie Plate so that I would get to sample more items: two falafels, two dolmas, hummus, baba ghannouj, tabbouleh, jajeek salad, pita. I tasted everything, but couldn't possibly be expected to eat it all. That would have been a ridiculous amount of food for me.

The verdict on the falafels: They were awesome. Super-crispy on the outside, tender and spicy on the inside. (Next time, I'm definitely going to order the Falafel Plate.) The baba ghannouj was also really good.

And I just finished my afternoon pick-me-up: a sweet slice of baklava -- worth the $1.50, as well as the calories.