Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Yankee Pier, Santana Row

yankeeKnowing that Bradley Ogden is behind Yankee Pier, I had pretty high expectations of this place. But, after lunching here today with my sister, we both walked away disappointed.

The restaurant, located in Santana Row, has a New England seaside vibe to it. I could hardly contain my excitement when I saw all of the deep-fried goods on the menu. It was a tough decision between the fried clam strips and the popcorn shrimp, but I went with the latter because I was also ordering the linguine with clams entree. My sister had the Yankee Salad (apples, walnuts and blue cheese), the butternut squash soup and the tuna melt. All of the above were just okay; nothing spectacular or even really good.

The only things we would order again: the Big Fat Buttermilk Biscuit and the frozen lemonade (mine was flavored with mango puree, my sister's red raspberry puree) . So if you're asking, "Wait, does this mean you'd actually go here AGAIN?" The answer is, yes, I would give it another try. Next time, I'll probably order the clam chowder, maybe an oyster dish or the fish and chips. I'll let you know how that goes.

Yankee Pier
378 Santana Row, Suite 1100
San Jose, CA
(408) 244-1244