Friday, March 17, 2006

Blowfish Sushi to Die For, Santana Row

Ever since I saw "The Sopranos" season opener this week, I've been craving sushi. (Imagine that! I have something in common with Carmella!) So today, I made my sister go to Blowfish Sushi with me.

As usual, the food itself was good, a solid B. We shared the spicy hamachi roll, ritsu roll and unagi nigiri. I also ordered the tempura lunch box -- not the greatest tempura, but I liked the selection of veggies and the fact that it included three pieces of shrimp.

The service was friendly and efficient, although my sister commented that she could do without a server with a bare midriff. The ambiance? Well... This place is really best appreciated in the evenings. The noise level, Japanese anime, dim lighting etc., are good for a Friday night outing (when you can enjoy their delicious cocktails, too), but not so much for a lunch in the middle of a workday.

Blowfish Sushi to Die For
335 Santana Row
Suite 1010
San Jose, CA
(408) 345-3848